Photographs of Hollywoodland, Calif., and Orange County coastline
Collection — Box: P009
Identifier: PC -002
Contains photos of the 1920s Hollywoodland real estate development in Los Angeles, Calif., including surrounding hills. Photos show newly built homes, and houses and roads under construction (two photos feature horse teams). Several photos have views of the Hollywoodland sign, and visible in one photo is the Woodruff developers billboard. Includes a few photos picturing two of the same men (developers?) surveying the area, holding rolled up plans. There is one photo each of an unidentified woman on the beach and an airplane in flight. Photographs showing a coastline are most likely of Dana Point, Orange County.
- circa 1924-1929
Language of Materials
Collection materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Use
The California Historical Society (CHS) has no information about copyright ownership for this collection and is not authorized to grant permission to publish or reproduce materials from it.
Conditions Governing Use Collection is open for research.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Buildings -- California -- Los Angeles County (Calif.) -- Pictorial works
- Coasts -- California -- Orange County -- Photographs
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Pictorial works
- Los Angeles County (Calif.) -- Pictorial works
- Photographic prints
- Real estate development -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Pictorial works
- Roads -- Design and construction -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Pictorial works
- Signs and signboards -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Photographs
- Finding aid to photographs of Hollywoodland, Calif., and Orange County coastline
- Jaime Henderson
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Language of description